DIY / DISCOVERIES / PLACES / THOUGHTS / CLOTHES / MAKE UP / PEOPLE

2013/02/15

CONCRETE LOVE

Concrete: I have a weakness for this rock hard material. It's cheap, it's everywhere, it's what's most of the urban jungle around us is made of, and it might be considered 'ugly'. What do I love about it?
Is it the ALMOST flawless surface? I love things which are almost perfect, it's so real: trying to achieve perfection, artificially, and never reach it. The imperfection is what makes this material honest.
Maybe it's the fact that it's so common. It's everywhere and you probably don't really see it anymore or care about it. I love to put modest things in the spotlights.

I now found a way to surround myself by more concrete, other than walls and sidewalks. IVANKA Studio is a company from Budapest, which applies concrete in design objects instead of using it for industrial purposes. Their minimalistic designs make you focus on the material. 
Besides clocks and bookends and stuff, IVANKA makes clothing and accessoires inspired by concrete, and even fabrics of wearable concrete. It's not that recent but I still wanted to write about it, because I haven't seen anything quite like this and these designs get me super excited!
Purse
SOURCE


This is so cool: to wear the material that's used for buildings
SOURCE


Last year at the stocksale of Christian Wijnants in Antwerp I bought this amazing tricot with concrete look print on it. I have no idea what to do with it yet but I am just happy to own a fabric which looks like concrete.











No comments :

Post a Comment

      I'd love to read your thoughts, please leave a comment! <3