DIY / DISCOVERIES / PLACES / THOUGHTS / CLOTHES / MAKE UP / PEOPLE

2013/06/17

WHAT 2 EXPECT

Sale starts everywhere and I'm broke as a joke. This year I started studying fashion design and it often happened that I lived on bread because I spent all my money on materials. Even if I had money left to go shopping, I didn't have the time.
Good thing is that my skills in sewing and pattern drawing have developed and I have become more critical when it comes to buying a piece of clothing. In school we learnt about quality and the sometimes unfair industry of fashion. I learnt to think twice.
So this summer, even though I will restart gaining money, I won't spend so much on new clothes. I will try to make a bunch myself (expect DIY's, ideas, etc.!) and go thrift shopping (way more fun anyway). All I will buy new is a pair of shoes and perhaps jackets and coats and knitwear.
I got sick of having a lot of clothes anyway. It's much more a challenge to have a good small wardrobe than a big one.

"Buy less, choose well & do it yourself."
- Vivienne Westwood

No comments :

Post a Comment

      I'd love to read your thoughts, please leave a comment! <3